WatchDirectory home page
WatchDirectory Startseite (Deutsche Version)
Site WatchDirectory (Français)
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
I need to do a few things (Read 2009 times)
PhilG
YaBB Newbies

I need to do a few things
Mar 9th, 2006 at 10:18pm

I am looking to use the application for a few uses and am having some setup issues.  Is there a way to:

- Link tasks so that I know they happen in a specific order?  I need to have a directory monitored for new files.  When a new file appears, I need to move to another location, unzip, kick off a bat file to run a process, send an email when the process is complete.  These things need to happen in that order.

- I am trying to use a bat file to uncompress a .tar file with WinRAR.  The bat file works from windows, but not when executed from watchdirectory.

- i need to use it as a method of file cleanup.  If no file within a directory structure is accessed or modified for 10 days, all files from a certain sublevel down should get deleted, but the directory structure should remain in tact.  If even one file in the chain is accessed, nothing should be done and the 10 days should restart.

What do you think?

IP Logged

Gert
YaBB Administrator

The Netherlands
Re: I need to do a few things
Reply #1 - Mar 10th, 2006 at 6:00pm

Hello Phil,

To do "multiple things", it is easiest to use a technique described in our newsletter: see Chaining Tasks

Quote:
The bat file works from windows, but not when executed from watchdirectory.

Probably an issue with "current directories". Make sure you use full path names inside your script.

Quote:
i need to use it as a method of file cleanup...

watchDirectory does not detect file access (merely reading files), so, sorry, you can not do this with WD.

Gert

Gert Rijs - gert (at) gdpsoftware (dot) com
Blog: http://blog-en.gdpsoftware.com/
End Alzheimer's: http://www.alz.org&&...
WWW WWW GdPSoftware  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1