WatchDirectory home page
WatchDirectory Startseite (Deutsche Version)
Site WatchDirectory (Français)
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
FTP plugin error message 40426 (Read 8771 times)
chadcarpenter
YaBB Newbies

FTP plugin error message 40426
Apr 10th, 2006 at 2:11pm

I have been using the FTP plugin successfully for a little while now, but when I checked it today, it had stopped on it's own with the below error message.  Whenever I try to restart it, it stops after trying for only a few seconds and the same error message appears in the DOS window before it closes.

"Plugin returned errorcode -1.  Error message =40426: Connection closed; transfer aborted. watchDirectory aborted."

I've checked our FTP server and local network and see nothing changed.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

IP Logged

Gert
YaBB Administrator

The Netherlands
Re: FTP plugin error message 40426
Reply #1 - Apr 11th, 2006 at 5:58am

Hello Chad,

I don't know what is happening, but 40426 is an FTP protocol error, meaning it is caused by your ftp server closing the connection. Just a wild guess: can you change the setting for  "passive mode" for the FTP plugin (if it is on, turn it off or vice-versa)?

Gert

Gert Rijs - gert (at) gdpsoftware (dot) com
Blog: http://blog-en.gdpsoftware.com/
End Alzheimer's: http://www.alz.org&&...
WWW WWW GdPSoftware  
IP Logged

chadcarpenter
YaBB Newbies

Reply #2 - Apr 12th, 2006 at 1:38pm

Thanks for the response.  I tried the passive mode option, but no luck there.  I'm not sure what's changed with our ftp server, but we'll mess around with it and see if we can get anything going.  Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Thanks again.

IP Logged

chadcarpenter
YaBB Newbies

Reply #3 - Apr 12th, 2006 at 1:48pm

Nevermind, it was an easy fix that had nothing to do with WD.  We had a corrupt file it was trying to FTP, and the server wouldn't accept it.  Oops!

IP Logged

ducati9576
YaBB Newbies

Reply #4 - Jun 19th, 2006 at 9:59pm

I get the same message pretty often and want to know if your going to put in a fix or something that will bypass this error instead of stopping the process.  I looked at the reply from chad but if there is one corrupt file in the bunch I don't want all the other files to stop processing especially if i'm using the Quick Monitor.

Thanks Jeff

"Plugin returned errorcode -1.  Error message =40426: Connection closed; transfer aborted. watchDirectory aborted."

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1