WatchDirectory home page
WatchDirectory Startseite (Deutsche Version)
Site WatchDirectory (Français)
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
FTP Disconnect Warning (Read 3961 times)
jlivingston
YaBB Newbies

FTP Disconnect Warning
Apr 21st, 2006 at 5:55pm

It would be so nice if the ftp sync script would notify me if, for any reason, it stopped or disconnected from the designated FTP site.  3 times today I've racked my brain trying to figure out why my changes to my websites are not giving me the desired result, only to realize that my changes were never uploaded because the ftp sync script mysteriously stopped.

Thanks.

IP Logged

Gert
YaBB Administrator

The Netherlands
Re: FTP Disconnect Warning
Reply #1 - Apr 22nd, 2006 at 11:22am

Hi,

You can setup an email notification for warnings and errors on the Other options page.
Quote:
the ftp sync script mysteriously stopped

Did you check the task history to see why it stopped?

Gert

Gert Rijs - gert (at) gdpsoftware (dot) com
Blog: http://blog-en.gdpsoftware.com/
End Alzheimer's: http://www.alz.org&&...
WWW WWW GdPSoftware  
IP Logged

jlivingston
YaBB Newbies

Reply #2 - May 4th, 2006 at 11:22pm

Gert wrote on Apr 22nd, 2006 at 11:22am:
Did you check the task history to see why it stopped?

Actually I know why it stops, generally.  By "mysteriously", I meant "secretly", as in it didn't tell me (sorry, that was a vague term).  It usually stops because the file it's transferring is trying to overwrite a file that it doesn't have permission to overwrite.

Email notification is not what I need.  I don't want to be developing a website, sit there and rack my brain wondering what I'm doing wrong in my code, until it finally clicks that maybe WD has stopped, then go and check my email.  I wan't a popup window to tell me, so that I don't sit there and waste time.

Thanks.

IP Logged

jlivingston
YaBB Newbies

Reply #3 - May 5th, 2006 at 1:03am

Actually, there is one other peculiar error message that I've gotten.  It's when it tries to upload a file called "index.php", it stops with the error message:

Plugin returned errorcode -1.  Error message=40553: Requested action not taken. File name not allowed. watchDirectory will abort.

Again, however, although I'm curious as to why I'm getting this particular error message sometimes, it's just as important to me to get an immediate alert on any error that causes the process to stop, whether I understand why the error occurred or not.

Thanks.

IP Logged

Gert
YaBB Administrator

The Netherlands
Reply #4 - May 5th, 2006 at 5:54am

jlivingston wrote on May 5th, 2006 at 1:03am:
Actually, there is one other peculiar error message that I've gotten.  It's when it tries to upload a file called "index.php", it stops with the error message:
Plugin returned errorcode -1.  Error message=40553: Requested action not taken. File name not allowed. watchDirectory will abort.

This is an error that is received from your FTP server, I am not sure why it doesn't allow you to overwrite the file. Perhaps an "access" setting.

In a few days (probably sunday) we will release a new version (4.0.45). That version has a free addon program called wdNotify. wdNotify runs in your system tray and shows information from your running tasks.

More info on wdNotify - note that the download links do not work yet. subscribe to our newsletter if you want to be notified when 4.0.45 is released.

Gert

Gert Rijs - gert (at) gdpsoftware (dot) com
Blog: http://blog-en.gdpsoftware.com/
End Alzheimer's: http://www.alz.org&&...
WWW WWW GdPSoftware  
IP Logged

jlivingston
YaBB Newbies

Reply #5 - May 17th, 2006 at 6:37pm

Thanks, I'll try it out.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1