WatchDirectory home page
WatchDirectory Startseite (Deutsche Version)
Site WatchDirectory (Français)
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Run existing Bat File questions (Read 3167 times)
JohnnyP
YaBB Newbies

Run existing Bat File questions
Sep 9th, 2006 at 7:39pm

I am currently using the trial version 4.0.47 to see if watchdirectory can do what I need it to.  I am using it to monitor log files in a flight simulator and then FTP the files to a web server to be displayed.  Because two of the files are dat files and need to be converted to txt files, I have one task set up to run a bat file.  The batch file copies the files to new names with a txt extention, which then triggers the FTP task to upload the new renamed files.

I have it set to fast monitoring, run from startup menu/hide run window and event triggers are filenew and filechng.
It runs fine except under the following conditions.
1.  If I stop the tasks, then delete the folder that is being monitored, then recreate it for a new campaign, then restart the tasks.
2.  If I reboot

For either of those cases, it stops running the batch file when the trigger file is modified.  TO get it to start working again, I have to do the following.
1.  Stop the tasks
2.  Edit the run existing batch file task
3.  In the first edit screen.. showing the bat file path,  clicking on the path, click browse and RESELECT the batch file.
Then when you restart the task, it works properly again.

Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong that I have to do that all the time to get it to work right?
Thank you
Johnny

IP Logged

Gert
YaBB Administrator

The Netherlands
Re: Run existing Bat File questions
Reply #1 - Sep 11th, 2006 at 6:16am

Hello Johnny,

I have been trying to reproduce this, without luck.
The only thing I can think of is that you maybe have your configuration directory (the one that opens when you press CTRL+9 inside the WD Control Center) on a network drive. Please make sure it is on a "normal" local drive, typically C:.

Gert

Gert Rijs - gert (at) gdpsoftware (dot) com
Blog: http://blog-en.gdpsoftware.com/
End Alzheimer's: http://www.alz.org&&...
WWW WWW GdPSoftware  
IP Logged

JohnnyP
YaBB Newbies

Re: Run existing Bat File questions
Reply #2 - Sep 11th, 2006 at 10:03am

Gert wrote on Sep 11th, 2006 at 6:16am:
Hello Johnny,

I have been trying to reproduce this, without luck.
The only thing I can think of is that you maybe have your configuration directory (the one that opens when you press CTRL+9 inside the WD Control Center) on a network drive. Please make sure it is on a "normal" local drive, typically C:.

Gert

Nope, not running on a network drive. its on my local E partition where I have the program installed.

I forgot to mention I also have this trouble after a reboot. It doesn't run the batch file.  I have to do the same thing..  stop the task, edit the task, reselect the batch file and then restart the task, and then it works fine again.
(note, I dont have to edit the task that does the FTPing, that works fine after the batch task starts working again)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1