WatchDirectory home page
WatchDirectory Startseite (Deutsche Version)
Site WatchDirectory (Français)
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Copy Files not starting (Read 5154 times)
joseph
YaBB Newbies

Copy Files not starting
Oct 1st, 2007 at 11:41pm

I am trying to run the 'copy file' plug it.  It starts and then stops immediately.  Event viewer has an entry:
"Event Type:      Error
Event Source:      Service Control Manager
Event Category:      None
Event ID:      7031
Date:            10/1/2007
Time:            2:35:10 PM
User:            N/A
Computer:      xxxxx
Description:
The watchDirectory:xxxx service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 7 time(s).  The following corrective action will be taken in 0 milliseconds: No action. "

Any help?  There are other copy plug ins working correctly on the same machine.  I am running the latest version of the software on W2K.

IP Logged

joseph
YaBB Newbies

Re: Copy Files not starting
Reply #1 - Oct 2nd, 2007 at 7:36am

joseph wrote on Oct 1st, 2007 at 11:41pm:
I am trying to run the 'copy file' plug it.  It starts and then stops immediately.  Event viewer has an entry:
"Event Type:      Error
Event Source:      Service Control Manager
Event Category:      None
Event ID:      7031
Date:            10/1/2007
Time:            2:35:10 PM
User:            N/A
Computer:      xxxxx
Description:
The watchDirectory:xxxx service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 7 time(s).  The following corrective action will be taken in 0 milliseconds: No action. "

Any help?  There are other copy plug ins working correctly on the same machine.  I am running the latest version of the software on W2K.

Did some search on the forum.  I was trying to move files to a network folder.  Changed the service to run as an admin account rather than the 'LocalSystem' account and everything is working fine now.  A better error handler than a crash would help though with this error.

IP Logged

Gert
YaBB Administrator

The Netherlands
Reply #2 - Oct 2nd, 2007 at 8:18pm

Hello Joseph,

Quote:
...A better error handler than a crash....

In this situation, WD does not crash but the task will stop running after writing an error message to the Task History .
If it would continue to run (with settings that doesn't allow it to function properly), it would give you the false impression that everything is working as it should.

Gert

Gert Rijs - gert (at) gdpsoftware (dot) com
Blog: http://blog-en.gdpsoftware.com/
End Alzheimer's: http://www.alz.org&&...
WWW WWW GdPSoftware  
IP Logged

joseph
YaBB Newbies

Reply #3 - Oct 3rd, 2007 at 7:00am

Gert wrote on Oct 2nd, 2007 at 8:18pm:
Hello Joseph,

Quote:
...A better error handler than a crash....

In this situation, WD does not crash but the task will stop running after writing an error message to the Task History .
If it would continue to run (with settings that doesn't allow it to function properly), it would give you the false impression that everything is working as it should.

Gert

True. Crash is probably not the right word.  However, I did not see any error messages in Task History.  Even after I enabled 'Write debug...'.
If I get around to it, I will try to recreate this again.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1