WatchDirectory home page
WatchDirectory Startseite (Deutsche Version)
Site WatchDirectory (Français)
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
FTP issues (Read 3233 times)
Symphonitron
YaBB Newbies

FTP issues
Apr 18th, 2009 at 3:32pm

I am evaluating the product mostly for the FTP plugin as an alternative to the usual ftp synchronizer programs that have directory sniffing abilities.

My directory (and subdirectories) hold a couple hundred html files. Anywhere from 1 to 50 of these files might be updated in a few seconds by an Outlook VBA module triggered by an incoming email from a report server or ad server. (These are occasional, usually no more than several minutes apart at the fastest and often about 2 hours apart.)

When the html files are updated it would appear that watchDirectory begins uploading them but then it often crashes with the following message:
"wdRun stopped working and was closed - A probelm caused the application to stop working correctly. Windows will otify you if a solution is available." At which time I would have to restart the task.

The other problem is that sometimes the Task History will sometimes give me rows and rows that look like this:

4/18/2009 8:57:35 AM Info Attempt to connect
4/18/2009 8:57:36 AM Info Conncted
4/18/2009 8:57:36 AM Disconnected from FTP server

Is it possible the "Disconnected from FTP server" issue is being caused by having an alternate FTP session to the same path on a different computer? Sometimes I log in separately to check to see how long it takes for watchDirectory to see and upload my file (so far it seems to take 3-5 minutes).

Any explanations or advice would be helpful. Thanks!

IP Logged

Symphonitron
YaBB Newbies

Re: FTP issues
Reply #1 - Apr 18th, 2009 at 6:24pm

Is the "Disconnected from Server" just a normal timeout? When I did into the logs it often says the file was successfully uploaded.

IP Logged

Gert
YaBB Administrator

The Netherlands
Reply #2 - Apr 19th, 2009 at 8:27am

Strange, that should not happen.

Can you please do this:
* Enable the option "write FTP conversation to history"
* Enable the option "write debug info" (on the "other" settings window)
* Start the task and let it run
If the task crashed
* Right-click the task - a popup-menu opens
* Select the option "Backup selected task"

Please email me the ZIP this creates. Do NOT post it on this forum.

If you are concerned about your FTP userid/password, you should change it before you create the backup.

The "disconnected" messages are normal.

Gert

Gert Rijs - gert (at) gdpsoftware (dot) com
Blog: http://blog-en.gdpsoftware.com/
End Alzheimer's: http://www.alz.org&&...
WWW WWW GdPSoftware  
IP Logged

Symphonitron
YaBB Newbies

Reply #3 - Apr 25th, 2009 at 1:30pm

Thanks Gert. Actually I believe the crash was caused by my FTP account kicking back a server full error, or else it reached its bandwidth quota. I empted out some content from another folder and it never crashed again after that. Will the above instructions allow me to see the FTP log itself (the actual error)?

The "Disconnected from Server" is normal, correct? It still shows that but I assume it just disconnects when it finishes.

The watchDirectory program has been running flawlessly for days now, and I'm very pleased with it. I will be purchasing the Pro version soon.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1