WatchDirectory home page
WatchDirectory Startseite (Deutsche Version)
Site WatchDirectory (Français)
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Compress Files older than certain Age (Read 4228 times)
twschicker
YaBB Newbies

Compress Files older than certain Age
Nov 11th, 2009 at 7:06pm

It doesn't appear that compressing files older than a certain age is working properly.  Here is my configuration:
1.  Plugin:  Automatically Zip Files
2.  Enabled:  Place the Zip Files in a Corresponding Subdirectory; Create Zips for complete directories, not individual files; and Add files to existing Zip (uncheck will overwrite zips) and REMOVE FILES AFTER ZIP
3.  Directory to watch has enabled "Also monitor sub directories"
4.  Monitoring Method uses "File Age" and trigger for files older than 7 days.  Calculate age using "The Latest of Creation/Modified".  Directories ARE IN SYNC..so no adjustment to timestamp is needed.  
5.  Events:  FILENEW and QUIET (20 seconds)

Using these settings, it appears that regardless of the File Age, it is being added to the compressed folder and then removed from the monitored directory.  As a test, I added a new file to the monitored directory with a current create date and it was subsequently added to the zip file and then removed from the Monitored Directory even though it wasn't older than 7 days.

Am I missing something in my configuration or is this a bug?

Thanks in advance for your help.

twschicker

IP Logged

Gert
YaBB Administrator

The Netherlands
Re: Compress Files older than certain Age
Reply #1 - Nov 12th, 2009 at 12:19pm

Hi,

The option "Create zips for complete directories" causes this.
When a new file is created (or reaches its "age" as in your case), this will trigger a full directory ZIP.

If you only want to compress files that are old enough, you should not enable "Create zips for complete dirs" and you must make sure they will go to the same zip file, for example, if you enter
d:\backups\{parentdir}.zip

Then the file C:\Monitor\subdir\hello.txt and C:\Monitor\subdir\another.txt will be compressed to
d:\backups\subdir.zip
when they are old enough.

Gert

Gert Rijs - gert (at) gdpsoftware (dot) com
Blog: http://blog-en.gdpsoftware.com/
End Alzheimer's: http://www.alz.org&&...
WWW WWW GdPSoftware  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1