WatchDirectory home page
WatchDirectory Startseite (Deutsche Version)
Site WatchDirectory (Français)
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Task's that follow a zip file creation dont work (Read 2346 times)
tsteward
YaBB Newbies

Task's that follow a zip file creation dont work
Feb 1st, 2010 at 10:32pm

I am not sure what the deal is but I am not able to upload a compress file.  I am compressing a file to a local directory and another task set to upload that zip file to an ftp server.

When the zip is created it will just sit there.  If I manually move that zip file out of the local directory and then move it back it triggers the task and the upload completes with no problem.  I have also found that doing a simple copy instead of the FTP upload ends with the same result.

Any Ideas?

IP Logged

tsteward
YaBB Newbies

Re: Task's that follow a zip file creation dont wo
Reply #1 - Feb 2nd, 2010 at 6:03am

Please disregard my earlier question.  I have resolved teh problem.  For the benefit of all the corrective action I took was to specify a temp directory for the compress task.  Once that was done the following task was triggered properly.

IP Logged

Gert
YaBB Administrator

The Netherlands
Re: Task's that follow a zip file creation dont wo
Reply #2 - Feb 2nd, 2010 at 7:29am

When you enter a temp directory, the zip is initially created in that directory. When ready, it is moved to the final directory - this mimics what you did earlier.

I guess what happened is that with your original settings (no temp dir), the zip was created in the "final directory" and the upload task detected the zip too soon. On the "Other settings" window of the upload task, make sure to have the "wait for files to be complete" and "delay starting task X seconds" high enough. But, with your new settings (the temp directory), this is not needed anymore.

Gert Rijs - gert (at) gdpsoftware (dot) com
Blog: http://blog-en.gdpsoftware.com/
End Alzheimer's: http://www.alz.org&&...
WWW WWW GdPSoftware  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1