WatchDirectory home page
WatchDirectory Startseite (Deutsche Version)
Site WatchDirectory (Français)
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Help using Create Thumbnail Addin (Read 1762 times)
sbillinger
YaBB Newbies

Help using Create Thumbnail Addin
Aug 18th, 2010 at 5:26pm

I am using the Create Thumb's addin to convert existing TIF docs to BMP's. This is working fine with the exception that the resulting BMP's are 24 bit BMP's and are in color. This makes for a rather large file. I need the files to be in B&W and they need to be small in file size. The pixel size of the image needs to be pretty big (1267x1650 give or take), but I would like the file size around 250kb or so. 

I am able to accomplish this using MS Paint. I can open the WatchDirectory created BMP and then save a copy out of it in Monocrome and it lowers the file size to 250kb while preserving the pixel size that was mentioned above.

How can I change WatchDirectory Pro to convert to B&W or Monochrome BMP's? 

Thank you very much for the help!!!

IP Logged

Gert
YaBB Administrator

The Netherlands
Re: Help using Create Thumbnail Addin
Reply #1 - Aug 18th, 2010 at 6:46pm

Hello Shannon,

You may want to check your spam-folder looking for the reply I sent to you earlier.
If you can not find it, please contact again and use another email address (gmail or such).

Gert

My original reply:
Compression support for BMP files is rather poor - this is a BMP limitation. However, I did some experiments with
www.imagemagick.org
and it looks like it can be done. ImageMagick can be used by WatchDirectory using its "Run a BAT file" task.

Can you send me a few sample TIF files to experiment with, so I can create a script for you?
Except for reducing the size (nr of kb's), do you need further adjustments (width/height)?

Gert Rijs - gert (at) gdpsoftware (dot) com
Blog: http://blog-en.gdpsoftware.com/
End Alzheimer's: http://www.alz.org&&...
WWW WWW GdPSoftware  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1