WatchDirectory home page
WatchDirectory Startseite (Deutsche Version)
Site WatchDirectory (Français)
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
No permissions have been assigned for this object. (Read 12843 times)
montgomery_oh
YaBB Newbies

No permissions have been assigned for this object.
Dec 1st, 2010 at 5:59pm

I'm using the "Copy new or changed Files to another location" as part of a "Run Multiple SubTasks" plug-in on Windows 2008 R2 and specifying "Enter the target directory..." with "Overwrite..." and "Create the same directory structure below the target directory".  The directory structure will be created as well as the file(s) will be copied.  However, the first parent subdirectory that is created will have a "lock" on it.  Checking the Security permissions tab states "No permissions have been assigned for this object.".  In fact, there are no permissions on any subdirectories or files that watchDirectory creates.  

Example:
Monitor Directory:  C:\Root\
Target Directory:   D:\Root\

New file created:  C:\Root\subdir1\file1.txt
The file1.txt is created in D:\Root\subdir1.

However, no permissions are assigned to "subdir1" or to "file1.txt" even though C:\Root and D:\Root are set up to permit inheritable permissions.  I can go in and assign NTFS permissions to the "subdir1" folder and apply to all files/folders below and then any new file will have the inherited permissions.  However, if a subdirectory is created below subdir1 then I see the same issue again where the subdirectories and files will not have permissions.

I have tried to run the service as "Local System" as well as a specific user that has direct permissions assigned to those directories.  Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere or is this a bug?

watchDirectory 4.6.2
wdopAutoCopy Dynamic Link Library 4.5.9.444
wdopMultiPlugin Dynamic Link Library 4.5.6.0

Permissions.jpg (113 KB | )
Permissions.jpg

IP Logged

Gert
YaBB Administrator

The Netherlands
Re: No permissions have been assigned for this obj
Reply #1 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 6:19am

Hi,

Is the [b]Owner[/b] properly set for the target directory ( D:\Root )?

Currently, the SubTask plugin does not have the "Permissions" tab where you can tell WD to apply certain permissions to new files/directories. If you run "Copy" stand-alone, not as part of the SubTask plugin, it does have the "Permissions" tab.

This will be fixed in a future release.

Gert Rijs - gert (at) gdpsoftware (dot) com
Blog: http://blog-en.gdpsoftware.com/
End Alzheimer's: http://www.alz.org&&...
WWW WWW GdPSoftware  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1