WatchDirectory home page
WatchDirectory Startseite (Deutsche Version)
Site WatchDirectory (Français)
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Problems printing PDF barcodes (Read 6449 times)
Roger Hicks
YaBB Newbies

Problems printing PDF barcodes
Mar 31st, 2011 at 10:17am

My customer has a Zebra TLP2844 for printing barcodes via WatchDirectory. I have had the printer in my test environment and can successfully create the barcodes as a pdf file and print them. But in my customer's environment the barcodes are successfully created but are not being printed.

WatchDirectory is used in the same environment to print invoices to a standard printer.

The customer is using a standard windows domain with a windows2008 server and windows7 pcs.

I have tried the following: WD set up on the server attempting to access the printer via a printserver - in this case the barcode is printed but there seems to be no control of the format of the output; we assumed this was a problem with the printserver.

WD set up on the server attempting to access the printer which is installed on one of the pcs as a shared printer - in this case the WD task appears to be running in that the file is deleted from the watched directory but nothing is printed

I have downloaded a trial version of WD and installed on the pc and recreated the print barcode task - in this case the WD task does not appear to run as the barcode file is not deleted from the watched directory.

I have tried using both Adobe Reader and Foxit with the same results in each of the above scenarios.

I can print the pdf barcode successfully from both Adobe and Foxit.

I think I must have missed something fundamental but can't work out what I have done wrong, please help

Thanks in advance

Roger Hicks

IP Logged

Gert
YaBB Administrator

The Netherlands
Re: Problems printing PDF barcodes
Reply #1 - Mar 31st, 2011 at 12:50pm

Gert Rijs - gert (at) gdpsoftware (dot) com
Blog: http://blog-en.gdpsoftware.com/
End Alzheimer's: http://www.alz.org&&...
WWW WWW GdPSoftware  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1