WatchDirectory home page
WatchDirectory Startseite (Deutsche Version)
Site WatchDirectory (Français)
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Macs producing zero k files (Read 2724 times)
jimaus

Australia
Macs producing zero k files
Apr 27th, 2011 at 7:50am

Gert,

We have had an issue for some time where WD will copy zero k files from a watched folder.

I have noticed that this is specific to Mac clients copying to a Windows server, using ExtremeZ-IP as the provider of Mac Services.

I observed a Mac copying files on a slow connection to a server and found that it will create a zero k file for each file to be copied then fill the file with data.
So if 20 files are highlighted then copied, each file will have a corresponding zero k file until it is filled by the copying process.
If in the meantime WD has moved the file, of course the Mac will then complain it cannot find the file or access is denied.

I have tried altering the timing of the WD process to allow time for the files to be filled, this works ok most of the time, but will then give the error for some of the files copied.

Any thought on how I can address this? Could WD ignore zero k files, maybe with a time out of a value that can be set?

Cheers,  Jim

IP Logged

Gert
YaBB Administrator

The Netherlands
Re: Macs producing zero k files
Reply #1 - Apr 28th, 2011 at 7:18am

Hello Jim,

Have you tried monitoring with the "File Age" monitoring method and use "Last Modified" greater than 5 minutes, for example?

Gert Rijs - gert (at) gdpsoftware (dot) com
Blog: http://blog-en.gdpsoftware.com/
End Alzheimer's: http://www.alz.org&&...
WWW WWW GdPSoftware  
IP Logged

jimaus

Australia
Re: Macs producing zero k files
Reply #2 - Apr 29th, 2011 at 2:26am

Gert,
Thanks, I will give that a try, Cheers

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1