WatchDirectory home page
WatchDirectory Startseite (Deutsche Version)
Site WatchDirectory (Français)
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send email with filecount only (Read 1887 times)
ARHS
YaBB Newbies

Send email with filecount only
Aug 9th, 2012 at 4:39pm

Is there a method of configuring WD to send an email with just the file count in the directory being monitored, and just once per monitoring cycle? 

We have it set to 1 minute, and if there are 150 files in the directory, we will receive 150 emails listing each file.  We would like to receive a single email indicating there are 150 files in that directory.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you.

IP Logged

Gert
YaBB Administrator

The Netherlands
Re: Send email with filecount only
Reply #1 - Aug 10th, 2012 at 12:18pm

Hi,

This is not really an option with the Email plugin as it will send an email for each detected file. An easy "fix" would be to use the button labeled "Combine Emails" which let you combine multiple emails into one.

If you really need a count of files, I think the only way is to create a bat script to run every X minutes and let the script send the email. The way you describe it you would receive 1 email every minute and it doesn't really sound that would be helpful to you.

Perhaps I do not understand you correctly?

Gert

Gert Rijs - gert (at) gdpsoftware (dot) com
Blog: http://blog-en.gdpsoftware.com/
End Alzheimer's: http://www.alz.org&&...
WWW WWW GdPSoftware  
IP Logged

ARHS
YaBB Newbies

Re: Send email with filecount only
Reply #2 - Aug 10th, 2012 at 1:41pm

Actually, I have looked at the Combined Email option and it looks like that may work.  All I was really looking for was to not have everyone's inbox slammed should the directory have a large number of files.  Having them listed in one email would work just as well.

I have enabled that now.  Once we see how that works I will post back here and let you know.

Thank you very much!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1