WatchDirectory home page
WatchDirectory Startseite (Deutsche Version)
Site WatchDirectory (Français)
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Quiet Task (Read 8276 times)
Balsawood
YaBB Newbies

Quiet Task
Jul 30th, 2013 at 6:19pm

I set up a task in WD to send an email when a directory has been quite for 20 minutes.  I also checked the option to monitor sub-directories.  The task is set to D:\xx\Data and the directories underneath this directory are the ones that are actually changing.  Every time I start this task it always sends an email after 20 minutes even though files are being written into the sub directories D:\xx\Data\20130730\sample name  .  How do I fix this?  The folder date and sample name in D:\xx\Data\20130730\sample name    are always changing as well.

Thanks

IP Logged

Gert
YaBB Administrator

The Netherlands
Re: Quiet Task
Reply #1 - Jul 30th, 2013 at 6:26pm

Gert Rijs - gert (at) gdpsoftware (dot) com
Blog: http://blog-en.gdpsoftware.com/
End Alzheimer's: http://www.alz.org&&...
WWW WWW GdPSoftware  
IP Logged

Balsawood
YaBB Newbies

Reply #2 - Jul 31st, 2013 at 3:38pm

Using that solution I run into an issue because I have this task being triggered on and off with a windows batch file.  The task quiet is being turned off at the correct time by the batch file, but then the FILENEW setting in the task quiet turns it back on because there are other files being written after it that we don't care about. Any solutions to this issue?

Thanks

IP Logged

Gert
YaBB Administrator

The Netherlands
Reply #3 - Jul 31st, 2013 at 3:51pm

I have to go away for a few hours, but are you pausing/resuming this task at fixed times? For example pause it at 8am in the morning and resume it at 11am?
I think you can replace the bat file in that case by using the "scheduler" option of WD (and select the option "events outside scheduled periods are ignored"). You probably need to use the current beta for this to work.

Can you describe what you need in a bit more detail? WHEN (or what causes) the bat file to pause/resume the task?

Gert Rijs - gert (at) gdpsoftware (dot) com
Blog: http://blog-en.gdpsoftware.com/
End Alzheimer's: http://www.alz.org&&...
WWW WWW GdPSoftware  
IP Logged

Balsawood
YaBB Newbies

Reply #4 - Jul 31st, 2013 at 6:19pm

A scheduler won't work because we don't run on a set schedule.  Here is a brief description of what I am trying to accomplish:

We are a Toxicology lab so we run plates on particular instruments where I know data should be written into a directory every 5 minutes.

I want to be able to send an email if data hasn't been written into a directory for longer than 20 minutes (task called Quiet) when it is supposed to be there in no longer than 5; this indicates something is wrong with the instrument.

We can run batches at any time of the day and we can also run them back to back.  We have a sample at the start and end that is the same on every plate run.  I had the windows batch files triggering task Quiet on and off to indicate a plate run start and finish. 

I have a quietstart linked to a batch file and a quietstop linked to one as well with event triggers of the specific samples names.  The FILENEW is causing task Quiet to kick back on since there are 2 samples we don't care about after the quietstop trigger...  Any suggestions?

Thanks

IP Logged

Balsawood
YaBB Newbies

Reply #5 - Jul 31st, 2013 at 8:56pm

Update:

I could put it on the last sample and it would use the batch file to trigger quiet to turn off when it hits the last sample.  The only problem is that how the instrument aquires data is new files are being written into the folder constantly over its 5 minute run time.

Thanks

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1