WatchDirectory home page
WatchDirectory Startseite (Deutsche Version)
Site WatchDirectory (Français)
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Problem: Auto Email Plugin Sends 2 messages\Task (Read 1300 times)
Jonathon
YaBB Newbies

Problem: Auto Email Plugin Sends 2 messages\Task
Nov 19th, 2013 at 10:28pm

Hello all,

I am experiencing an issue where every auto email event results in two messages being sent to the recipient(s). One of the two messages will contain the attachment and the other does not. The problem first started to appear around the point in time that we had added an accumulated 40 tasks. WatchDirectory is running on a VM that has 12 cores and 8GB RAM on Windows Server 2008 r2. I don't believe system resources are the issue, but we do have 45 running Tasks now, all running as a service.

Troubleshooting steps I have attempted in an effort to isolate/resolve the issue:

1. Clicked Email Options, send Test message.
   a. Results in only one message sent as designed, although no means to send a test message with an attachment here.

2. Changed the monitoring method from 'Fast' to 'Polling'. When that produced no difference, 'Default' was attempted.
   a. The same result of two messages and only one with the attachment was experienced.

3. Modified 'How to run' option from 'Run as a Windows Service (Pro)' to 'I will start this task Manually (by pressing F5 or the 'play' button)'
   a. No difference in relation to the email problem.

4. Temporarily enabled "Write Debug Messages"
   a. I am unable to locate the lines that are referring to the 'System.mail' plugin.

Additional info.:

The majority of Tasks are set to monitor one folder for files with a 'CSV' extension; 'All other files/directories are ignored'. Some Tasks also monitor for specific file names in addition to the 'CSV' extension.

Thanks in advance to anyone that may be able to shed more light on what may be causing this problem.

Jonathon

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1