WatchDirectory home page
WatchDirectory Startseite (Deutsche Version)
Site WatchDirectory (Français)
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
uploading multiple matched files in order (Read 943 times)
jpresley
YaBB Newbies

uploading multiple matched files in order
Nov 17th, 2015 at 8:15pm

When a video file appears in a directory, they all start with a unique 8-digit number.  ie: 16B05432_this_is_a_video_file.mov.

I have workflow logic that takes that filename and create an xml template file that is the first 8 digits of the video filename, in this case 16B05432.xml.  I need to upload the video file to two remote servers first, then once that is done, grab the xml with the same first 8 digits and upload it to one remote server.  Upload of video is straight forward, and grabbing the correct xml file works using WD environment variables to identify in a batch file to copy it from it's original folder to anywhere it needs to be so it can be uploaded.  What I can't figure out is how to tie the xml upload to occur after the video file uploads.  I see I can't use a batch file from within the "run multiple SubTasks" task.  Any ideas? Can one task call another task to start once the first task is complete?

As always, thanks Gert.

Jim P

IP Logged

Gert
YaBB Administrator

The Netherlands
Re: uploading multiple matched files in order
Reply #1 - Nov 18th, 2015 at 7:32am

If your video file is removed (or moved to another directory) after upload, you could create a bat file task that triggers on this deleted file event.
The bat file then moves the xml to a directory where it will be detected and uploaded.

Something like that?

Gert Rijs - gert (at) gdpsoftware (dot) com
Blog: http://blog-en.gdpsoftware.com/
End Alzheimer's: http://www.alz.org&&...
WWW WWW GdPSoftware  
IP Logged

jpresley
YaBB Newbies

Re: uploading multiple matched files in order
Reply #2 - Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:23pm

That will do it!  I didn't even think about triggering off "delete".  Simple Grin

Thanks Gert!

Jim P

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1