WatchDirectory home page
WatchDirectory Startseite (Deutsche Version)
Site WatchDirectory (Français)
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
create thumbnails from first image in each subdir (Read 1029 times)
psycko
YaBB Newbies

create thumbnails from first image in each subdir
Dec 16th, 2015 at 10:38pm

I was wondering if it were possible to either update the thumbnails or html plugin or create a new plugin that gives the capability to create thumbnails from the first image in each subdirectory, and either in the same plugin or another then create an html file based on those thumbnails allowing navigation to those subdirectories?

IP Logged

Gert
YaBB Administrator

The Netherlands
Re: create thumbnails from first image in each subdir
Reply #1 - Dec 17th, 2015 at 8:17am

Hi,

I am not sure if that will be possible. Also, what do you consider to be the "first" image... WD typically reacts to *all* files.

Gert Rijs - gert (at) gdpsoftware (dot) com
Blog: http://blog-en.gdpsoftware.com/
End Alzheimer's: http://www.alz.org&&...
WWW WWW GdPSoftware  
IP Logged

psycko
YaBB Newbies

Re: create thumbnails from first image in each subdir
Reply #2 - Dec 17th, 2015 at 9:04pm

I suppose whichever WD typically finds first which seems to be alphabetical. After it starts it's *all* it can stop after the first image and move on to the next subdir to repeat. I know it's a little more complex compared to the other plugins, but it would be based on the current structure, just truncated after it finds the first image. Then the html would just use all those created thumbnails to create an html with the links to the subdirs it found them in. If it's something that is not feasible, that is fine, but if it's something that is a possibility it would really help me out and probably others.

Thank you.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1