WatchDirectory home page
WatchDirectory Startseite (Deutsche Version)
Site WatchDirectory (Français)
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Wish List (Read 707 times)
Verne

Wish List
Jan 29th, 2016 at 10:31pm

Been using WatchDirectory and WatchFTP for over two years and every once in a while I think of something that I wish there was an option for.  I have probably thought of dozens of ideas and I always forget to write it down and forget about it.  So going forward I thought I would just start this thread for everyone to add their ideas on what features they would like to see implemented in WatchDirectory.

So here is a couple of ideas that I have not forgotten about.

• Next Major version of WatchDirectory should be 64 bit.
  • In Control Center I would like to see a Column for last file processed. You only see that in the Last Message Column if the task is not a multitask but even if it is not a multitask it shows the whole path to the last file it processed which can make the column quite wide when using UNC paths.  I just want to see the file name only.
  • I really abuse the amount of tasks that I run on each server. A few of my servers run over 100 WD tasks. I would like to see a filter view for Control Center. So lets say I just want to see all tasks that start with DBA. I could type in the filter box DBA* and Control Center would only display tasks that start with DBA.
  • This one is probably a stretch but I thought I would ask. With the FTP plugin we would like the option to send a QUOTE command before uploading the file. We upload a lot of files to z/OS and currently we just have WD launch a batch file to upload the file but if I had the ability to do it within the FTP plugin, that would be one less thing I would need to keep track of.
  • And if we can have the ability to use the QUOTE command in the FTP plugin it would also be great if we had the ability to rename the target file when uploading the file and use the Dynamic Naming options to do it.  So if the task was processing the file: H:\client\prod\input\DBA_ORDERS_20160129.txt, we could use the Dynamic Naming options available in WatchDirectory to parse the input file name so that we can generate a target file name to build the PUT statement. From the dynamic name my target file is going to look like this: DMR.DBA.ORDERS.D160129. So after the dynamic naming on the target file the put statement would execute like this.PUT "H:\client\prod\input\DBA_ORDERS_20160129.txt" 'DMR.DBA.ORDERS.D160129'

IP Logged

Gert
YaBB Administrator

The Netherlands
Re: Wish List
Reply #1 - Jan 30th, 2016 at 6:01am

Good idea (this wish list). Currently work is underway (almost ready) for a major WatchFTP v4.0 release. After that (next few months) we start work on a major WD v5.0 release.

Here is your wish list again with a few remarks

• Next Major version of WatchDirectory should be 64 bit.
    Gert: There will be a 64bit v5 release, probably not the initial v5.0 release.
  • In Control Center I would like to see a Column for last file processed. You only see that in the Last Message Column if the task is not a multitask but even if it is not a multitask it shows the whole path to the last file it processed which can make the column quite wide when using UNC paths.  I just want to see the file name only.
    Gert: Great idea
  • I really abuse the amount of tasks that I run on each server. A few of my servers run over 100 WD tasks. I would like to see a filter view for Control Center. So lets say I just want to see all tasks that start with DBA. I could type in the filter box DBA* and Control Center would only display tasks that start with DBA.
    Gert: WD5 will have the same "Task Groups" feature as implemented for WF4. I see you use the same username on the WatchFTP forum, I just gave you access to the WF beta subforum (you may need to logoff/logon again). Have a look and give the WF4 beta a try.

Your comments about the FTP plugin are noted.

Gert Rijs - gert (at) gdpsoftware (dot) com
Blog: http://blog-en.gdpsoftware.com/
End Alzheimer's: http://www.alz.org&&...
WWW WWW GdPSoftware  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1