WatchDirectory home page
WatchDirectory Startseite (Deutsche Version)
Site WatchDirectory (Français)
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Inconsisent Task Performance (Read 817 times)
Rawson819
YaBB Newbies

Inconsisent Task Performance
Mar 15th, 2016 at 4:15pm

I have been using WD Pro for several months and it has performed flawlessly; however, in the last week, I have had inconsistent results with one of my tasks. 

I'm monitoring a shared network folder on an offsite NAS.  At 6AM, another piece of software drops a daily report in this folder and then WD copies it to a local folder on my C drive to perform additional WD tasks.  I''m not sure why, but lately, this copy task isn't always running.Nothing has been changed in WD, on the server, or my PC. 

If I stop the task, remove the file, restart the task, and then paste the file back into the monitored folder, the task runs nearly instantly like I'd expect. I will mention that I am using the Default monitoring method, as the "fast monitoring method did not detect the renamed file" when I tested.

Hoping someone might be able to shed some light onto this issue and help me get back the consistent task performance.

Thanks

IP Logged

Dirk
YaBB Administrator

South Germany
Re: Inconsisent Task Performance
Reply #1 - Mar 15th, 2016 at 4:32pm

Please switch to Polling Method. The other 2 methods need to have a Windows Server running on watched folder server.

Viele Grüße / Best regards
Dirk - GdP Software

dirk [at] gdpsoftware [dot] com
http://blog-de.gdpsoftware.com
Webseite: http://www.gdpsoftware.com
WWW WWW  
IP Logged

Rawson819
YaBB Newbies

Re: Inconsisent Task Performance
Reply #2 - Mar 15th, 2016 at 4:47pm

Will do - thank you very much for the quick reply!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1