WatchDirectory home page
WatchDirectory Startseite (Deutsche Version)
Site WatchDirectory (Français)
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Issues on moving files when they are in the networ (Read 499 times)
kalars3
YaBB Newbies

Issues on moving files when they are in the networ
Sep 8th, 2016 at 4:00pm

Hello all,

I'm writing here to know as in our company we do a lot of file moving/copying, but some of the files to be copied/moved are in a network location where there is an unstable internet connection (though we are already working to have that fixed asap).

We do have set up some works through WD and they work fine since we preffer to do a pooling of the folder to be monitored, however when the internet fails in that remote location, it appears that the files that were scheduled to be copied/moved are not.

I did a backup of the tasks if needed, though in order to do it I had to stop them and reinitiate them, so I'm afraid I'm not able to pull any old logs to see any error (or at least I'm not sure how to pull any old log).

My guessing would be that the task which works with the remote location instead of a pooling monitoring uses a "fast" one. But in any case I don't see a reason files does not get copied after restoring connectivity with the remote location.

Thanks in advance for the help!

IP Logged

Gert
YaBB Administrator

The Netherlands
Re: Issues on moving files when they are in the networ
Reply #1 - Sep 9th, 2016 at 7:54am

Hello Kalar,

If you are MOVING files (not copying), set it up like this:

- use the "File Age" monitoring method, do not check the option "remember triggered files". Let it check every few minutes for files "older than" 1 minute.

Doing like above, the task will try to move all existing files every minute.

Gert Rijs - gert (at) gdpsoftware (dot) com
Blog: http://blog-en.gdpsoftware.com/
End Alzheimer's: http://www.alz.org&&...
WWW WWW GdPSoftware  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1