WatchDirectory home page
WatchDirectory Startseite (Deutsche Version)
Site WatchDirectory (Français)
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
task can't find files (Read 43 times)
The Ginger Monkey
YaBB Newbies

task can't find files
Jan 24th, 2018 at 12:16pm

we have a number of tasks monitoring folders and printing PDFs that arrive in the folders and then archiving them to a separate folder. It works perfectly most of the time, but we are seeing a few errors appearing - see screenshot attached.

basically, it appears that the task has printed the PDF and then the file has gone before the task gets a chance to move it to archive. I've looked for other external processes which could be deleting the files from this folder but cant find anything

there then appears to be a succession of files which have also disappeared and can no longer be printed, hence the "does not exist" messages

after this, the task appears to work again and carry on with the rest of the files in the folder

I am using the default monitoring method, as the fast method test fails for this - "did not detect the renamed file". This is also odd as the folder in question is on the C drive of the server that watchdirectory  is installed on and the authorities are full control for all relevant folders.

Any help/advice would be gratefully received as this is confusing the hell out of me.

IP Logged
YaBB Administrator

The Netherlands
Re: task can't find files
Reply #1 - Jan 25th, 2018 at 6:57am
Very strange.

Can you enable "Debug" and run the task until you see the issue again. Then email me a backup to look at. See

Gert Rijs - gert (at) gdpsoftware (dot) com
End Alzheimer's:
WWW WWW GdPSoftware  
IP Logged
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1