watchDirectory Help > Plugins > Audit Windows Directories
Audit Windows Directories - Requesting a new Mapping file
If your operating system is not listed, you can request a new mapping file. To create a new mapping file, we need a copy of your security event log. Please follow the steps listed below:
- Make sure you have Enabled Auditing on the computer.
- Inside the directory for which you have enabled auditing in the previous step, create a new file.
- Now, delete that new file.
- Open the Windows Event Viewer (on the Windows Control Panel)
- Select the "Security" log
- Use the "Action ->Save Log File As..." menu to create a backup of your security log.
Make sure you save it as type "Event Log (*.evt)".
- Send the saved Security log file to email@example.com.
If the log is big, please ZIP it. Please tell us the Operating System for this log file as well.